Science fiction short film by Ismael Ferrer y Luis Calvo, produced in 2010 by Bamf Producciones.
“Teresa, Moira and Brian are three students in the strict Gear School, the school for future Gear drivers. What will professor Tsing think of their latest mischief?”
Based on “Gear School”, the Dark Horse comic-book created by Adam Gallardo and Estudio Fénix
Teresa: Paula Jiménez
Moira: Anna Viñas
Brian: Peter Vives
Prof: Tsing: Alberto Jo Lee
JUNE 27TH, 2011
Hi everybody!.GEAR SCHOOL (plug&play) will be shown at these Festivals this summer,
- Manhattan Film Festival 2011 (New York, USA). 22 July 2011 (Summer)
Summer, such a good moment to watch Gear School, well, summer… winter…
Have a nice day!
APRIL 1ST, 2011
New update aboout festivals, including those where the short was recently shown. We’re happy to see that GS has been finally selected in two American Festivals (Boston and Rochester). We’ll keep you informed about any (hopefully, good) news about this.
The short will be shown at these festivals.
- 10th Sci-Fic London Film Festival (Great Britain). 23 April-2 May 2011
- 53rd Rochester International Film Festival (New York, USA). 16 April-2 May 2011
- 6th Animayo (Palmas de Gran Canaria-Spain). 3-8 May 2011
And it’s been shown at:
- The Boston Science Fiction Film Festival 2011 (Massachusetts- USA). 11-21 Feb 2011
- IV Festival de Cine de Terror y Fantastico de Lloret de Mar Festerror (Catalunya-Spain). 18 Feb 2011
- 22nd Festival de Cinema de Girona (Catalonia, Spain) the December 5th 2010
- Screening at the 33e Festival International du Court Métrage - Clermont Ferrand 2011 (France). 8th February at 11:00h at George Cochon Théâtre.
See you soon!!
Hi everybody! Last News!
Below you can see the pre-selected nominee list for the Best Fictional Short Film category for this year’s Goya Awards. Only one of these 54 short films will win one of Goya’s statuettes… and as you can see, Gear School Plug & Play is one of them! The Goya Awards are Spain’s most relevant national film awards, and are considered by many people both in Spain and abroad as the Spanish equivalent to the Academy Awards at the United States.
Hi everybody! Just a quick note regarding the never-ending race of GEAR SCHOOL (plug&play).
The film has been shown at the following festivals (most of them in Spain):
- XIII Certamen Nacional de Cortometrajes Aula 18 (Asturias, Oct 2010)
- Science+Fiction – Festival Internazionale della Fantascienza di Trieste 2010. (Italy, Nov 2010)
- 4o. Festival International de Cortometrajes Alocortico (Madrid, Nov 2010)
- 16è Concurs Estatal de Curtmetratges “Ciutat de Valls” (Tarragona, Nov 2010)
- 29e Concurs Nacional de Cinema i Vídeo de Navàs (Barcelona, Nov 2010)
- XI Eibarko Laburmetraia Jaialdaia (Eibar, Spain, Nov 2010)
And finally, it was also shown at the 2nd Festival de cortometrajes en HD Región de Murcia (18 Nov 2010). In fact, Gear School Plug & Play was not only shown there… it was also one of the eight pieces selected for the final round!
The next stage will be at the Gaudi Awards in January 2011, in Barcelona, (again in Spain, yes). This is one of the most important festivals in Catalonia. We look forward to it!
Núria Peris, co-creator and illustrator of Gear School, reviewed her professional career in a recent interview for Koomic TV. Spanish only, sorry.
Also, the film will be shown at the following Festivals in Spain:
- 43rd Catalunya International Fantasy Film Festival (Sitges 2010).
- XXI San Sebastián Horror and Fantasy Film Festival (Spanish short films contest) – 2010
- V HELLinFILM short film festival (Hellín-Albacete) – Section “En paralelo” – 2010
- 6th edition of the FICIFF (International Indie Film Festival in La Plata – FestiFreak, Argentina)
-1st “Segundo de Chomón” FX-short film festival (Zaragoza)
Gear School volume 2 is finally being released on September 29th. Here you have the cover for the book.
The production of this book has taken a little longer than we hoped, so for us this also has been a long wait. We feel it was worth it because, in the meantime, many exciting things have happened in the world of Gear School, and some even more interesting possibilities have opened up… They are in fact, so exciting, that I must bit my tongue quite hard not to spoil anything!
More and amazing images of the Gear School, Plug & Play shoot. Luis Calvo and Ismael Ferrer, the directors and some of the actors at the backstage.
Here you can see DDT special effects team working with Alberto’s beard to have a perfect face on Captain Tsing. Do you remember them? The DDT team won an Academy Award for their SFX with Pan’s Labyrinth movie in 2008. That’s an Oscar beard!